Checklist for the 2019 Crop Season
March 21, 2019
Below is a list of helpful topics to help you get ready for the 2019 crop season using FieldX.® Follow the links for written instructions and tutorial videos.
Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter @fieldxinc for more timely tips through the spring.
Set up your Grower Tree and Field Maps
- ☐ Add New Fields to your Grower Tree.
- ☐ Import Borders from a Shpfile, so that fields from other ag software programs can be imported without redrawing borders.
- ☐ Draw Field Borders on FieldX Office for the PC, or FieldX Dashboard on the web.
- ☐ Move Fields from one Grower or Farm to another.
- ☐ Add new Background Maps in FieldX Office from the USDA National Ag Imagery Program (NAIP)
- ☐ Setup Field Colors and Labels to color fields by crop, variety, grower or a number of other factors, and select field border labels.
Prepare your Journal Entry Forms:
- ☐ Set up Picklists for Varieties, Chemicals, Weeds, Insects, Diseases, etc. to use in your journal entry forms.
- ☐ Create Scout and Recommendation Templates so that you have your own customized scouting forms and recommendations tank mixes ready.
Start the New Season:
- ☐ Create a Begin Crop Season journal entry for each field to separate one season from another and ensures that this year’s crop will be included in reports.
- ☐ Use Field Planting Form Report to collect planting data from your customers.
- ☐ Create and Manage Planting Entries in FieldX Office, or FieldX Journal, which is important for the correct crop to display in FieldX for all of your fields.
Manage your Account’s Users:
- ☐ Contact us at 919-926-7001 or email@example.com to add new users or set up your app subscriptions. Here is the 2019 detailed pricing sheet for FieldX software.
- ☐ Check Grower Visibility for your users to manage which users have access to each of your growers.
- ☐ Set Up Free Grower Subaccounts so that a consultant and grower can more closely collaborate on managing field data.