FieldX Platform Update:
FieldX® has come a long way as an independent ag software platform since its first beta release in 2013. We’ve continued to add enhancements and new apps to the platform. Our current apps include:
- FieldX Office for the PC, for data entry, output reports, and picklist and template management.
- FieldX Journal for the iPad, to record field data and send scouting reports.
- FieldX Sampling for the iPad and iPhone, for pulling soil samples in the field.
New Apps for 2018:
- FieldX GeoNotes for the iPhone and iPad, for collecting georeferenced notes and pictures in the field. This app will be released in the coming month.
- FieldX Dashboard, which is a web app that can be used on any device with an internet connection (Android, Mac, iPhone, PC, etc.). The recently released beta version includes the ability to view your fields and draw field borders, and can be accessed by any FieldX user at dashboard.fieldx.com. Additional features will be announced in the coming months.
New Account Types for 2018:
- ‘Manager’ account (previously called ‘Admin’) is for users who manage all aspects of the company’s account, including picklists, templates, and sending reports.
- ‘Technician’ account is for users that just enter field data, and who aren’t responsible for managing the company operations in FieldX
- ‘Grower/Applicator Sub-Account’ is for users to view field data that has been entered by the consultant, and also to enter their own field records, such as spray applications and planting details.
Updating Our Pricing Model
Our pricing structure since 2013 has been to charge for each device that FieldX was installed on, and we have kept our prices unchanged for over 4 years.
However, charging per device is cumbersome for everyone, especially as new apps are added to the platform. We have also heard from customers that their preference is to purchase one subscription per user and have the ability to use FieldX apps on multiple devices without additional cost. Therefore it has become apparent that it is time to update our pricing structure from a per-device cost to a per-user cost.
FieldX Subscription Pricing for 2018
|Manager accounts are full-access accounts for users that manage all aspects of their organization's data.||
|Technician accounts are designed for employees of crop consulting businesses, who are charged primarily with entering data.||
|Sub-Accounts enable growers and applicators to collaborate with their crop consultant to manage field data.||
- $15,000/year for unlimited users at all permission levels.